Monday, May 31, 2010

I got Negotiated by the Negotiater

Well, I am not sure if last night was a comedy of errors or tragedy of ridiculous proportions. After signing off last night, I decided to negotiate another priceline night in Kansas City. Low and behold, I scored another $60 night at the downtown Hyatt Regency, smack dab in the middle of the city. As I went to put in the address into the GPS, I noticed that the dates were for 31 May to 1 June. Monday to Tuesday.....we were coming in Monday alright, at midnight, but leaving the same day. I completely negotiated myself out of the best deal. The Customer service line was sooooo nice, they canceled our room, for a cancellation fee for the cost of the night in the room. Well, HUH? Their email was so nice and helpful, about how flexible priceline was, because I made an extenuating error, and blah, blah, blah and they never cancel things, but they would do it this one time, for the cost of the room. Yeah, whatever. They were super nice though and if I had been able to rebook for the night, it would have only cost $25 to change the room but then I got back on priceline and they had locked the night out for negotiations because it as after 2300. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Little Miss Sunshine continued to scream and moan as we looked for alternative destinations. Some of the hotel/motels along the way were rather sketchy. We finally found a room at a Courtyard about 30 miles from town at a rate of $74/night for military, but compounded with my "cancellation fee" our room was more like $150. Ah well. I have learned my lesson.

We proceeded to settle in for the night and just as I drifted off around 0100, Mr. Hawking began screaming about his legs hurting and worked himself up to a throw up session that I am trying to clean up half blind, half comatose and without waking up Little Miss Sunshine. I think we finally settled down again around 0200. What a night. The barbecue in KS better be good, because we could use it!

1 comment:

  1. There is a a GREAT book and movie in these stories. My wife and I are military brats with limited adult moves, but we both LOVE your blog. I sent pictures of TC and the kids at all the football stadiums to each of my kids telling them, "See, I'm not the only one who feels this way about college football stadiums." My oldest daughter, a victim of many a stadium drive by wrote, "The kids don't know any better. Heck, they love it. But pity his wife." Harley

    ReplyDelete